Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wonderful Wednesday!


Wonderful Wednesday!

It’s Wednesday and it’s one of my favorite days of the week.

Why you ask?

Well, it is the middle day of the week, so it’s all downhill to the weekend from there. It’s Bible Study Day at our house and we’ll have at least two wonderful guests to study the scriptures with. And, best of all, “This is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it!”

I’m so grateful to be a citizen of a country that allows me the freedom to sit down in my home with people I love and study God’s Word in perfect peace. No fear of gun toting vigilantes coming in to shoot us for it, and no fear of being cast out for loving Jesus.

Okay, I’m stepping down off my soapbox now.

Wednesday has some unusual chores included in it. These are to make our meeting this evening more enjoyable. I usually serve some cookies or a light desert with coffee or other drink. So, I get up and if I’m serving a homemade item, I prepare it and put it into the fridge to hold till I get home and can put it in the oven.

I also set up our table and prepare our Lord’s Supper. I don’t put the elements out; just get the service ready to place them. Then I sit down and do my mornings study. This isn’t anything unusual, I do that every morning. These “chores” are why on Wednesday’s I don’t do my usual “swish about.”

What is a “swish about” you ask?

Well, I’ll just tell you.

It is one of the little ways I keep my home in some semblance of order. I go into the master bathroom, spray the tub with cleaner, put some cleaner in the toilet and swish the cleaning brush around in it. Then I spray the sink, being careful not to forget the faucets and spouts. While those are sitting, I wipe down the exterior of above mentioned toilet, then I wipe down the vanity top and even do a “swish” across the mirror over the vanity. Then I rinse the tub, flush the toilet and rinse the sink. TA DA! A sparkling clean master bathroom in less than five minutes.

I do a “swish about” every day except Wednesday.

Now, your schedule will not be exactly like mine, you’ll find your best time for a “swish about” and all will be sparkly in the master potty!

So my blessed reader……….

Go and make this day yours!

Blessings~
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment