Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ambitions..........

Okay, I think I may have been too ambitious in thinking I would be able to post daily. I will post as I come up with new ideas or when things happen that I think might benefit others to know.

I was reading some postings in a forum that I follow. Someone pointed out that they like to use a methodical way of cleaning their own home. That is great, that is the way it should be. However, there are very few that can do it that way. Even me, yep, the cleaning lady, cannot clean her own home without getting side tracked!

My Mother always told me that you should clean from back to front. Meaning you start in the back of the house and work your way to the front. The idea is that you will be motivated to get it all done as company may come. You don't want company to see your house messy! It works for my Mom, but not for me.

You see, I'm ADD and get side tracked very easily. I also get bored easily. That is why I love my job, no two days are the same! Some of the things are of course, the chores that I do, but the people I get to see are different, things are going on in their lives.

Now I do have a method that I use in my work. I clean "around". That means that I go in the door of a room and start working from left around to right. The human brain tends to go right to left, but I feel that working left to right makes me have just a little more attentive tendencies. I also work, top to bottom. ALWAYS look up! There are little critters that build little cobwebs and like to hang out in corners. Those are the "little" things that can get ya praised for catching or yelled at for missing.

Today's tip: Put an old white sock on a broom handle, lightly spray with a dusting agent and go after the little cobwebs. Be very careful not to push against the wall, this will smear the web and make a mess. Just point up at the web, and when it touches give a little twist. This will remove the web without the smears.

God Bless~
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment