I can has Waffles!?!
As you know, I've embarked on a healthy food plan.
The first thing you should do when you begin a new food plan is purge your pantry!
Purging our pantry is never a fun job! It can be painful giving away, or in some cases throwing away, perfectly good food.
I know some people that give themselves "time to use up all the stuff in there" and folks, that just doesn't work. You never finish so you really never start! I have found the best way to do it is to just do it. Start at the top and work your way down.
Here we go:
- 1. Gather boxes or bags to put the items that you are giving away into. Food banks will love you. Just make sure that the items donated to them are in date and unopened.
- 2. Drag your trash can closer to the pantry so you can toss the item in and not have to stop and ponder it.
- 3. I found that the best way to do my purge was to set my timer for 15 minutes and my iPod on my favorite playlist. Then just get to it. Don't think about it to hard, reading the ingredients will take you a minute but don't stop! Check the ingredients against the list you printed from the link below: http://www.kidswithfoodallergies.org/docs/Wheat_Allergy_Read_Label_Travel_Cards.pdf4. When the timer goes off, step back and look at the pantry shelves. You'll be pleasantly surprised by how neat and tidy it looks and not as bare as you thought it would be.
- 5. Take a 5 minute break. Drink a glass of water or just sit and look at your pantry and envision how great it is going to be having it neatly arranged and not be a mine field any more!
- 6. Continue by restarting the timer for 15 minutes after your brief break. Keep repeating as many times as necessary to get the job finished.
Now, what on earth are we going to cook??? I know just how you feel! I asked the same question. That afternoon, after finishing up my pantry purge, I went shopping at my favorite store. Kroger!
They have a great "healthy alternatives" section. I want to share a really wonderful find with you!!
Go to this website:
There you will find so many great products! I bought mine at Kroger. They have a lot of the items on her website in stock. I have only tried the Baking and Pancake Mix pictured but I LOVE it!
I enjoy making Waffles. Up till now I'd used another baking mix (I won't name it, you may have a box in your pantry) and I enjoyed them. After using Pamela's Baking and Pancake Mix I would never go back to the other one even if I could! The waffles were so light and fluffy! They had a wonderful tastes and texture. I did enhance the recipe slightly by adding a few drops of Vanilla Flavoring to the batter but that is the only thing I changed. Delightful!
I made them for breakfast the Saturday after I purchased the mix and my husband, Doug, so enjoyed them that he was excited this past Saturday when I suggested them again.
The link above has so many interactive pages, recipes, videos, products and useful information that you will enjoy cooking again. If you're like me, you can get overwhelmed by all the "new" information about cooking without wheat products, and you just might not be inclined to do it. Believe me when I say, it is so very much worth it. Not only for your own health, but your families health as well!
God's Blessings be unto you all as you go about your day. May He place your angels on high alert to keep you and yours safe out and about through out this day and on.