Sunday, February 16, 2014

Comfort Food?  YES!

Wait a minute!

How can I have things like Drop Biscuits and SawMill Sauage Gravy and still maintain a "wheat free" diet??

Well, I've told you already, but I'll tell you again!

Pamela's Bread and Pancake Mix!

It is wheat free, glutton free and tastes WONDERFUL!

I made these today to take to Sunday School and they were well received.  The photo you see is all that was left!  There were 24 drop biscuits and 1 1/2 quarts of Saw Mill Sausage Gravy.  YUM!

What started this all off was yesterday morning as Doug and I were enjoying our breakfast of …..WAFFLES…. I asked Doug if he would like me to try the biscuits and gravy idea.  He was all for it!  So, here you see my creation.  Perfect for a Sunday morning "brunch".

I am NOT affiliated in anyway with Pamela's company, I am just so very grateful to have found something that we can make that isn't to complicated and expensive.

Doug has been sharing this new eating program with his co-workers and they've been asking questions.  He in turn calls me and asks for the answers.  It is so neat to share this with our friends and family, but our family, mostly our daughters, haven't come around to our way of thinking on this.

I have an idea for supper on Monday night.  I think I'll make Spaghetti.  I have some gluten free noodles but I'm thinking of using my Spaghetti Squash instead.  We've done that before and really enjoy it.  And, I plan on making some Garlic Drop Biscuits to go with it!  Yum!

I told Doug yesterday that I wanted a Bread Machine.  I put it out on my page on FaceBook and within a few minutes a dear friend replies that she has one and would be glad to give it to me when she returns home from her vacation next week.  I could wait!  But, Doug couldn't!  So after much prompting, off we went in search of a bread machine.  I found a nice one at WalMart (yes, I know I said I hate that place but the one  in Peachtree City is clean and not as crazy as most) and brought it home.  I just put in a mix to enjoy tonight.  Doug, bless him, is about to perish for a sandwich!

"But he answered, “It is written, “‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God."  Matthew 4:4

Blessings~ Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment