Saturday, February 15, 2014






Valentines Day 2014  


A sweet (pardon the pun) holiday.

Like most "holiday's" a trumped up commercialized reason to spend money.  I enjoy them, these "holiday's" but the aren't Holy Days.  Did you know that the word "holiday" actually means "Holy Day" ?

To quote a friends oft used phrase, "I said all that to say this", every day with my love, is Valentine's Day.

Sappy, right?  Yeah, but true.

He asked me a week or so ago, "What do you want for Valentine's Day?".  Now don't go off on him, we've been married for 37 years!  The man is no fool, he knows to avoid crisis, ask questions!   

My response?  "Baby, every day with you is Valentine's Day, so why should this one day be any different?

Now I know you all are looking at this quite differently than I am.  You're thinking in terms of "gifts", goodies as it were.  Okay, I have a question for you.


How do you top this:
I want a Kitchenaid Mixer, you know the ones that cost $399,00?  He says, "Mama, if you want a mixer, go get it."
I say something is pretty, he says, "get it!".
 I say, in passing, "that would be nice for the house."
Next thing I know, we have it.
The man is way yonder to good to me in the "stuff" or "gift" department for 365 days a year.  You just can't top that.

 So, "goodies or stuff" is not what Valentine's Day is all about to me.

Doug riding The Dragon Tail August 2012


To me, Valentine's Day is a day to smile at young love, trying to get it right.  A day to smile at the memories of youth.  And especially a day to look up in prayer at God on his throne and say, "Thank you Father for this wonderful man in my life." and let him hear you do it.

Now children, get about it.

Blessings~ Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment