Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Starting the New Year off with a repair!

January 1, 2014

I am truly blessed!  I am married to a real life "Doug of all trades!"  

As so often happens in our home, I begin to work on something and find a broken part on what ever it is that I am wanting to work with.  All I have to do is show it to my husband and the next thing I know…..It is repaired!  More often than not the repair makes the item even better than it was before.  

A good example is this morning's pot repair.  I went into the kitchen to begin preparing our New Year's Day meal.  Normally, Doug and I go on the "Ride to Buckner's" with our CMA Chapter, Blessed Riders, but not this time.  Doug had to work, water issues at work had to have immediate attention.  So, I am elected for our traditional Pea's and Collards meal.  
I reached in the cabinet and pulled out my favorite large pot.  It is sort of heavy with a copper bottom.  Revere Ware.  It is no where near a new pot!  As I lifted it up, I notice the handle is wiggling some.  Hummmm……now what do I do?  The handle is not screwed on so I can't tighten it.  It is riveted on.  Oh, no!  Not my favorite!  I could see the handle coming off and me trying to use it without one and the disaster that would surely follow!  

Doug hears me whining and comes to see what's up.  "Oh, no problem!  I can have that fixed in a jiffy."  he says.  Both Doug and my pot disappear down the stairs.  Some banging and clanging sounds drift up the stairs making me wonder at the fate of my pot!  
The pot appears on the stove a few minutes later and I marvel once again at my amazing husband as I lift up my favorite pot finding not so much as a slight wiggle on that handle!  

I  know I sound like I'm bragging…..okay, I am!  Doug has repaired things in and around this house that I had completely given up on.  I'm sometimes guilty of being a "the glass is 1/2 empty" sort of girl. That is something I'm working on, well, God and I are working on!  

But, for today, I'm Thanking God for my "Doug of all trades" and the blessing he has been and continues to  be in our lives.

Today, you might be looking at your life as needing some repair.  If you are, there is one that can help you with that.  Believe me when I tell you He is the Ultimate Fix.  Jesus Christ.  Oh no, you are saying…there she goes, bringing God into this post.  

Yep, I am.  I can't tell you what God will do for  you.  Your life is different from mine.  I can tell you what He has done for me.  He has made my path straight, He has blessed me with a wonderful husband, beautiful children and grandchildren.  He as blessed me with a warm, comfortable home and a means to keep that home up and running smoothly.  

Now, I'm not going to even try to tell you that it has all been smooth sailing!  No way!  BUT, with God at the helm of our lives, the ride, even when bumpy has been a wonderful one!  

I pray that, if you are needing repair, fixing up or a complete remodel, you will give God the control and let Him handle the repairs with you!  

A Happy New Year and May Gods Blessings be unto you all ~

In His Service For His Glory!

Kat


No comments:

Post a Comment