Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Good Morning from a new frontier!


It's a new day for this ole  girl.  I've decided to go "Wheatless".  Yep, in this day and age of this diet and that diet, I'm going backwards and going back to the old way of eating.  I am sure there is some "food plan" or diet labeling this but as for me, I'm calling it Kat's New Frontier.

What's it all about?

I'm removing ALL Wheat and wheat by products from my food chain.  That means no bread, noodles, pastries and the like.  

Why? You ask?

I recently watched a special segment on our local public television station called:  "Wheat Belly" hosted by Dr. William Davis.  Dr. Davis is actually a Cardiologist (heart doctor) that accidentally found a connection between wheat products and several issues they  cause in our bodies, from cardio issues to inflammation of the joints to literally producing opiate effects on our brains.

Now for starters, I am not interested in debating clean eating or any other forms of diet.  I'm in to day two of this New Frontier and I'm already feeling a huge difference in my body.  You see I am a RAGING diabetic.  Completely uncontrolled and running on the red line.  This morning I awoke to a BSR (Blood Sugar Reading) of 101~~!!!!
That is HUGE for me as my wake up levels have been in the 200+ levels for so long it is nuts.  My insulin injections are way to high level wise and I'm already seeing that I'm going to have to reduce them.  PRAISE GOD!

I'm going to post a link to the Amazon.com site where you can go to look at the book, read the details and reviews and make your own decision….OR you can follow me and see how it works for me.

I will be posting here my daily progresses, failures and issues.  You are going to be my accountability partners!

This morning I awoke at 4:30 am (my usual time) and after getting my husband off to work at 5:00 am I checked my BSR…101!  I was so excited!

I found I wasn't the slightest bit hungry.  Now THAT is unusual, I generally would away ravenous!  So I got busy and at about 10:00 am I decided that I'd better eat so I wouldn't have a binge issue later.  BSR was 76.  YaY!  I wasn't shaky or hungry either.

I injected my insulin 10 units on my NovoLog FlexPen.  That is my normal dosage, I use the sliding scale.  I can already tell it will be coming down as well as my Lantus (Long lasting insulin taken at bedtime, once daily) injections.

Brunch Menu:

4 egg whites, 1 yolk omlet
bacon bits (yep, the real thing, no fake ones that are made with WHEAT)
baby spinach
chopped onion
sharp shredded cheddar cheese (yep the real thing, not a lot just a sprinkle)
Mrs. Dash (to taste)
black pepper
(I'm not a big salt eater)

YUM!

A cup of coffee and a big ole glass of water and call me STUFFED!

I plan on having a cup of homemade chicken veggie soup at about 3:00 pm to keep from getting to hungry before supper which isn't until 6:00 pm.

So, I call  day two a success already even though it isn't over.  I have my Prayer Warriors lifting me up in prayer, my sweet husband supporting me every step of the way and God is smiling on me, taking all the nasty side effects of withdrawal away from me once again.  That is all I need to succeed.

Here is the link I promised ya!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1609614798

I hope I'm not violating any rules by posting it.  If it doesn't work by clicking on it you can copy and paste it into your browser and it will take you to Amazon.com.

Blessings ~
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment