Monday, January 3, 2011

365 Challenge 2011


See the little purple square on the right? That is the challenge!

Hi everyone!

I'm issuing a challenge! Let's see how much we can move out of our lives in the way of clutter.

Clutter definitions differ, but in my opinion, clutter is anything that isn't useful, beloved or needed.

That said, on with it.

I will be listing everyday at least one item that I've decluttered from my home. It might be an appliance that I no longer use or used so little that it won't be missed. It might be an article of clothing I've been holding for what ever reason, or a pair of shoes that I've not been able to wear. It will be no less than one thing a day and will be listed here. I'll update this post with my item(s) every evening.

Your challenge is to meet or even better, surpass me in decluttering your home. Making for a more settled, happy home for you and your family. You might even find that it (the Challenge) will be "catching" and some family members join in the fun with their own decluttering.

Here we go!

Jan. 1: Threw a large box of butter bowls, lids and other plastic ware I called myself "reusing". It was only filling up a cabinet with "garbage", not to mention I now understand that reusing those items could be hazardous to our health! I took it all to the recycle center.

Jan. 2: Tossed out a pair of very old, very worn tennis shoes I'd been saving to work in the yard in. Not gonna happen!

This is the introductory message for the challenge and in the new postings I'll make my little notes at the end of the message.

Good luck with it and feel free to list your daily accomplishments in the comment section! I would love to hear how you are doing with your challenge.

Mark 13:33-36 ESV
Be on guard, keep awake. For you do not know when the time will come. It is like a man going on a journey, when he leaves home and puts his servants in charge, each with his work, and commands the doorkeeper to stay awake. Therefore stay awake—for you do not know when the master of the house will come, in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or in the morning— lest he come suddenly and find you asleep.

While you are purging your home of clutter, remember to look at things that really shouldn't be in your home. Be diligent! The evil one can use things of beauty to deceive.

Now go out and make this day yours, but All for His Glory!
Blessings~
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment