Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Playing Catch-Up

Hello Beloved Reader!

I have been away from my blog for entirely too long. I apologise for the silence. My only explanation is that life got in the way.....again.

I realize that I am not alone in this problem. Things that we love to do, such as blogging in my case, often get shoved into a corner when things get hectic. Now however, life is quieting down some and I can get back to it.

This "Playing Catch-Up" is so often the case for me. You too? I recently had several ladies in my home for a CMA Ladies Mission Day. The entire week before that Saturday morning arrived, I scrambled to get my home back into some semblance of order. I spent the entire morning terrified that someone would open a drawer or closed door and be crushed by falling debris or impaled by an object ejected from the drawer by spring action!

This morning, while reading an email from a favorite website, I got a marvelous idea. I am going to make a pledge to myself to take one drawer or cabinet, in the case of a double cabinet I'll split it into halves, and clean it out. This will be a one a day challenge. I am going to be ruthless! I will not keep it, the "it" is whatever is in the location chosen, unless it has an immediate purpose or has been used within the last 3 months.

I shall begin, as I usually do, in the furthest room away from the favorite entryway. Beginning in my case will be in the Master Bathroom. Even as I type this, I'm planning on beginning as soon as I finish. I am excited about this as I feel that it will help me in getting that "cleared out" feeling that I do love so.

Won't you join me in this challenge? I don't think it will be a difficult one, as a matter of fact, I think it will be more of a challenge not to start and keep going rather than limit it to one drawer or cabinet a day.

Feel free to come here and comment, leaving your accomplishments and let us celebrate your victory with you.

Good luck with your challenge!

Blessings~
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment