Thursday, January 28, 2010

Shrinking...it isn't only for clothes anymore.....

The world is getting smaller...or is it just me?  Nope, I'm right, it is shrinking!  I've noticed the candy bars are shorter or slimmer, the potato chip bags are getting shorter. 


Then yesterday a client brought me an empty toilet tissue roll along with a new roll.  "Look at this!" she said, "Do you see the difference?"  I sure did!  The empty roll was at least 1" taller than the new roll of the very same brand of tissue bought only last week.  Now, personally I don't have a real problem with this particular cut back for lack of a better word.  After all, there are less trees cut down for materials, and less pollution caused by the manufacture of the product.  So, this one goes under the heading of  a good reduction. 

Now, the catagory of not so good, the reduction in size of the afore mentioned candy bars.  The reduction doesn't include the price though.  I know I'm not the only one to notice that little detail.  In fact, the price has actually gone up in most cases! 

Point in fact:  My favorite candy bar (which is wrapped in silver cellophane, round and minty fresh, I'm not namin' names!  I'm just sayin'....) was the size of the palm of my hand, now....it is slightly larger than a silver dollar.  That is heartbreaking!  It used to last for one entire mug of hot coffee with french vanilla creamer in it and now...I can barely get it to last for half of the mug!  I feel like standing up and screaming "I've been robbed!", like Sally in "It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown." 

There is only one way to combat this serious problem!  Go on a candy bar strike!  Don't eat any candy bars until they bring back the real candy bars that we all know and love.  The ones that fit in your hand just right, without having to be labled as "King Size" or "Jumbo".  Which really, if you think about it, if you eat to many of them will result in you being "King Size" or "Jumbo" so maybe we can work this "reduction" around into a good thing!  No.....nah.....I don't think so either.

Today's Tip:  In keeping with being economic and reducing pollutants, ponder on glass cleaner.  The commercial brands, the pretty blue ones, can contain Ammonia, Ethanol, Isopropyl alcohol, and/or Methanol.  These are very serious chemicals and can do harm to us if inhaled or swallowed.  They are expensive too, averaging $1.95 a spray bottle. 
My solution to this product is a mixture of white vinegar and water.  If you just have to have the blue, or are like me and the blue helps you keep it seperate from your other cleaners, you can add blue food coloring.  This cost pennies to make and if you must, you could drink it and come to no harm.  But....why would you drink it?  ewwww..........

Kathy's Glass Cleaner Recipe:What You Need:


•White vinegar

•Water

•A spray bottle

*Optional: 2 to 4 drops of Blue food coloring

What You Do:
Fill the spray bottle with equal parts vinegar and water. Then, use as you would any other glass cleaner.


God Bless~
Kat

                                                                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment