Friday, May 8, 2009


Good morning all~

It is a beautiful day! I awoke this morning and my first thought was not "Oh, I just don't want to get up, I just want to lay here."~! My first thought was, "Good Morning Lord, Thank you for this day, I dedicate it to you!" Now, that may not sound like much, but let me tell you, it is remarkable considering less than a week ago I just felt like life wasn't much worth living.

I've had an "AHA" moment and I give some of the credit to a dear, dear friend and brother in Christ. He has no idea that his devotional email had such an impact, God truly used him to save a life by reminding me how much I am a valued one to the Father.

He sent out this email:

"Don't you realize that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?" 1 Cor. 3:16

"Alas! how little is this truth contemplated and acted upon!

Were we more deeply and powerfully impressed with the solemn truth that God Himself dwells in us through the Spirit, how much more careful we would be to maintain . . . truth and reality, life and power in experience, godliness and holiness in life!

What a reverential fear would possess our minds, that we might not defile the Lord's temple, or sin against and before, so holy and all-seeing a Guest!

If we realized this, and lived under its solemn weight and influence, how careful we would be not to defile that body which is the temple of the Holy Spirit. How desirous and anxious we would be not to pollute . . . our eyes by wandering lusts; our ears by listening to worldly and carnal conversation; our lips by speaking deceit, or light and frothy talk; our hands by putting them to anything that is evil; our feet by running on errands of vanity and folly.

We are to view our body as God's temple, and therefore sanctified to His service and to His glory!"- J C Philpot "

Now, being a Christian, I "knew" all that, but for some reason I wasn't living it. I now know the reason and I'm dealing with that with God's help. THAT is why things are happening for me that haven't worked until now.

My prayer for today:

Father,

Thank you so much for sending your message through your servant so that this child can finally hear and remember your temple. Thank you for giving me this chance to change. Father, I dedicate this day to you to live like the living sacrifice that I should be, I pray that you will give me those reminders and nudges when I step away from the path.

Thank you Father for sending me to my new friends and sisters on the Christian Weight Loss & Health Support Forum, they are precious to me. Father I ask your blessings and healing hands upon my new friends, help them as you have helped me. Give them the gentle reminders that they are precious and have your love.

All this I humbly ask in the name of the Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit~

Amen

* The photo was taken by my youngest beautiful, talented daughter, Kacie. It is part of a statue at the Georgia Baptist Children's Home, Palmetto, GA.

No comments:

Post a Comment