Wednesday, February 4, 2009

2 Corinthians 10:4-5 (New International Version)
4: The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.
5: We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

For the past few weeks I've been getting hit with this scripture, over and over again. It comes from the oddest places. For example, last Saturday, Doug and I were at a car dealership in Union City. We are searching for a replacement car for Bethany. The LeBaron is on it's last leg, so to speak. We met the most exciting man, John Coleman. He is a lay pastor attending a non denominational church there in Union City.


John had Doug and I nearly dancing the dance of joyous believers as we all shared our love of the Lord. During our "talk", John began to speak of "holding your thoughts captive" in relation to some experiences he'd had in his life. Satan's using those experiences to try to keep John down and destroy his witness for God. The things John shared with us made me remember my own experiences (I honestly haven't forgotten them, Satan won't let me) and to relate to his suffering. Even though our experiences were as different as night and day.


I suddenly realized I was hearing the voice of God, telling me through John to throw out those former thoughts and memories, stop letting them rule my life and give it all to him! Those things are gone, they can't hurt me now. The people involved can't hurt me now. The revelation was astounding! The feeling of power was amazing! I was foolishly allowing Satan to have power over me, affectig my witness and keeping me down with his lies and threats.


So, this week I have been fighting for my life! Satan is a sore loser, let me tell you. He is attacking me in areas that I'd never thought of. But he won't win. God won't allow it, He is faithful to me in His promise and I am taking that to the bank!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment