Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Change...........

I've changed my blog title.....for me who doesn't like change (or so a former boss once said of me) that is a momentus thing.  I have been all over the spectrum with my posting.  But from now on, I'm going to focus on what I do. 

Just what do I do, you ask?  Well, I'm what is commonly known as a "Cleaning Lady", but I perfer to be called a "Personal Assistant with focus on domestic".  So there.

The idea hit me last night when my husband was telling me about his day at jury duty.  They asked all sorts of questions including a few about me.  My name, age and employment status.  My husband told them I was a "Personal Assistant with focus on Senior/Elderly Care".  Which is just fine with me. 

It is really hard to define just what I do, do.  I used to have a slogan on my business card that read, "Services tailored to fit your requirements".  I tailor my services to the client, their lifestyle and schedules.  No two clients are alike.  For some I simply clean the house, 1 to 4 times a month.  Some I walk the dog(s), cook light meals, start supper, do laundry, what ever.  It helps keep my job from being boring I promise you that! 

Now, all that being said, there are a few things I don't do. 

1.  No babysitting.  I've done my share of that.  I keep my grandchildren on occasion, but that is it.  Lucky for me, most of my clients are older and have no children at home. 

2.  No yard work.  I'm no gardener, I kill plants.  They just go ahead and die when they see me coming....poor things. 

3.  And this one is most important, if you cannot be pleased, if you are just plain OC and expect me to be as well, Goodbye.  It won't work out.  Most of the time it only takes a couple of visits to find that we are ill matched. 

I don't know if there is anyone reading my blog but if there is, everyday I'm going to give you, gentle reader, a tip of the day, so to speak.  Most of them will be from my experiences and some will be those that I've learned from others.  I hope that they will help you.  I wish I'd had a resource like me when I was starting out.

Todays Tip:

One of the hardest things to sort and match are ladies knee highs and panty hose.  Espeically the navy and black ones.  I've devised an easy way to tell the black from the blue.  I carry a small flash light in my kit.  Turn it on and put the hose/knee high over the light and tada!  You can tell the color. 

Blessings, till tomorrow...........
Kat
 

No comments:

Post a Comment